Sunday, March 14, 2010

Cemetery Find

When I traveled to Italy this past summer I made a friend in the city of Pettorano sul Gizio.  This is the city my grandfather John Ciccolella was born.  He had two brothers and a sister.  Recently, my friend sent me a photo from the local cemetery.  The photo is the head stone of Maria Ciccolella and her husband. 

Maria is the brother of John, Joseph and Andrew Ciccolella.  While John and Joe came to America, had families and are burried in Follansbee, West Virginia, Maria and Andrew stayed in Italy.

Up to now, I only knew that she married a Lanica.  Well, through the power of the internet, I received additional information.  Maria married Panfilo Lancia, and though it is tough to see, we also now have a photo of both.  We can also see that Panfilo was born on March 1, 1882.  The flowers in the photo block some of the rest of the information, however, this is a great find.  We can also find something about their daughter Gina Lanica.  Again, thanks to all who help make family history fun!!!

No comments: